Hi Bud!

Yes, I do have a slide scanner now, a Minolta Dimage Scan Speed which has a slide holder for 4 slides and a negative holder for a negative strip of 4. It was Gary's before he bought his new Nikon scanner and he gave me what I consider as a very good price break on it. I paid him the balance on it while I was there in Dec. to, besides photograph with him again, see an 11x14 matted and framed print of 1 of my lighthouse photos from Sept. hanging in an art gallery's Christmas show from the beginning of Nov.-the wk. before Christmas. (It is also one of my lighthouse entries in the contest.)

The scanner is in excellent condition and while I was there, Gary went over quite a detailed explanation of the scanner, including some little drawings of some of the scanner software's editing features. He shipped it to me after I got back home and I've been scanning some of my slides for the last month or so, probably more. It's fairly easy to use, but like most everything, it is a learning experience. I find that a lot of times, the initial scans are too dark, so I adjust them as much as I can with the scanner's software and then take them into my software, Paint Shop Pro, and improve on what I was able to do with them, getting them as close as possible to what is on the original slide.

This time of year is very busy for me at work so it's mainly weekends that I do scanning, though I have at times scanned only 4 at a time when I've wanted to post something different to either www.photoblink.com or www.shuttercity.com or some of the Community Zero photo websites. (These are all photo websites that welcome all levels of photographers to post their photos.) Majority are a great bunch of people from across the U.S. and around the world, and I've learned a great deal. Photoblink is how I came in contact with Gary and we started becoming friends. I've probably given you too much information (LOL) but please feel free to ask me anything else that I may not have answered for you here!

------------------
Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest

Terry (Only my mother, brothers & sisters call me Teresa) Forrest