Sorry that I have not responded earlier, but I have been busy with work and getting ready to make a trip to Oregon and California next week.

Yes, the elderly lady who lives in the house, Alice Dimmock, does not like for people to stop and try to get pictures. I appreciate this but, as many have said here, if you are on public property then you have the right to take a picture. The image of the lighthouse belongs to all of us.

Even though the tower was painted by the USCG crew recently, it is now in need of more work on the north and northwest sides. At present the Coast Guard takes care of the tower but it is my understanding that the New London Maritime Society, the non-profit folks who run the Customs House in New London, were applying for ownership. The USCG is divesting itself of this lighthouse (as with many others as you know).

I, too, wish Harbour Lights would do this lighthouse. This station is the fourth lighthouse station in all the U.S. (following Boston, Beavertail & Brant Point). I think it would look nice with a submarine going by it and the keeper waving to crew members on top of the sub.

I was luck to get the ferry passing as I had already packed it up and was heading home when I saw the ferry going down the river. I did a 180 and set up again in time for this shot. The leafless trees do add to the shot and let enough light in so it is not too dark.

I thank you all for sharing your comments and I look forward to being able to post more images in the future, as well as view your work.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Ron
(CT Keeper)