Last Sunday, a dry day, Robert and I decided to get out of the house and "Out of Dodge". I am certainly not as talented as the rest of you folks when taking pictures, but I thought I would share our day with you.

Our first stop was in Edenton to find the last Roanoke River lighthouse that was moved there as a private residence. Looks like "Isabel" did a number on her. We were able to view her from 2 vacant lots where houses stood before the storm.

I can't believe the lens is still in the lantern room. Someone really needs to rescue it before it's destroyed. You can see a pane of glass is out and it's exposed to the weather

Our next stop was Plymouth to see the replica of the Roanoke River light that was lost to a storm. It was not open, and is only open on Saturday 1-3pm. We were a little disappointed that we could not go inside, but being a nice day we were enjoying the trip.

Next, we headed over to Manteo to the Roanoke Marshes replica, after stopping for a burger, and it looks like they are finishing up inside. I was hoping it was done and open, but since OBX is only a little over an hour's drive for us, we will go back as soon as we find out it's open. But,it sure looks good from the outside.

Today is a big difference from last Sunday. "Charley" blew through yesterday, and a couple tornados were spotted, one right here in Great Bridge (Chesapeake), a few mile northwest of us. Thank goodness.

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and if you critique, please be kind.

Joyce

Standby folks, I'm getting Dave to help me as I've never done this before.

to fix the links