To all that took the time to respond to my plea for infomation, this is what my inquiries have come down to. Over the past week I have done a lot of checking out cameras and talking to people and have pretty much made up my mind on the digital camera that fits 90% of my needs. It is ranked fairly high on the "to Buy" lists that I have also checked.

I think I will go with the 3.2 Mega Pixel Cannon PowerShot A75 that has a 3X optical/3.2X Digital Zoom, 2.8-4.8 Aperture, Macro down to 2 inches, 1.8" LCD Monitor and comes with a furnished 32 MB Compact Flash Card. I already have a 64 MB Compact Flash Card in my cheapo 1.3 MP camera so that should keep the price down some. It uses AA bateries so I'll buy a rechargeable battery kit that comes with 4 batteries and then buy an additional 4 batteries. The camera sells for $250.00 through a couple of catalogs and the rechageable batteries/charger will cost about $40.00. I'll also buy a memory card reader for about $20.00 to save on the camera batteries. I figure for about $310.00 I will have what fill my needs.

If anyone can come up with a better idea please let me know, otherwise, I'll let my daughter know which one I prefer.

Rich