Well, although I've been accused of not being around here much, Bud, doesn't seem like much of anyone else has been lately either...

In my spare time today, I had the slide scanner working away while I was doing a few other things around the house. I ended up selecting and scanning 27 Cape Lookout photos from my collection of several hundred photos of that light. I've assembled the first group of photos into a new Cape Lookout Boardwalk Gallery. For those of you who haven't visited Cape Lookout yet (I assume we all will eventually! smile ) to protect the fragile barrier island ecosystem and grasses, the NPS has built some boardwalks that cross the island from near the pier where the NPS launch moors to the lighthouse and across the island to the Atlantic Beaches. The last time I shot the boardwalks, I had the entire island to myself for the entire day... true peace and solitude! I think some of the contenment that I felt and experienced that day is conveyed by the empty stretches of the boardwalks in the photos in this new gallery on my website.

Here's a teaser photo for some of what's to come in another Cape Lookout gallery presently being built... I like the reflection of Lookout in the still, predawn waters of Core Sound and the little reflections of the light in the lantern room reflecting on the water.

Here's the link to first of the new galleries:

http://66.216.33.125/atlanticcoastgallery/Lookout3/lookout3.html

I haven't added the image description pages but wanted to give folks access to the gallery page at least now that it has been uploaded.

Gary