On the last day of the Dave Hannum Maine tour, a customer in the Lobster Shack Restaurant noticed my lighthouse name badge and asked me which Maine lighthouse was my favorite. By then we had seen over 30 lighthouses...many very unique and several in picturesque settings. But when he asked me, I couldn't come up with an answer. Portland Head and Bass Harbor Head lights were both breathtaking. I can see why these are two lights that claim to be the most photographed lighthouses in Maine (or maybe the US).

After the tour ended, Randy and I stayed in a rental cottage .75 miles from Pemaquid Point Lighthouse. Instead of trying to get to several more lights, we just took it easy and hung out by the lighthouse several hours every day. After watching two sunrises and three sunsets at Pemaquid, I now had an answer to the question. Pemaquid Point Lighthouse is my favorite lighthouse in Maine...

Pemaquid from a boat during the tour

Friday, October 13...Pemaquid about 20 minutes before sunrise

After the sunrise, the clouds parted, and it was a beautiful day.

Pemaquid...A Mirror Image. This morning was the only time the water was still enough to get a near perfect mirror image.

Pemaquid's Fresnel Lens