Not sure how long Paul Harvey was/has been on the radio but when I was 16 and a junior in High School I won a contest in our Journalism class to interview him when he visited Port Huron to dedicate an auditorium.

I appeared at WTTH (now WPHM) where he was set up to do his noon newscast, watched that then sat down with him for about 30 minutes. He spent about half the broadcast talking about our hometown and how the McMorran family had donated this wonderful facility to the city.

He was extremely nice and answered all my questions. I also got to attend the sold out speech he gave that night at the McMorran Auditorum in Port Huron and can still remember the theme of his talk was "War Never Ends".

Except for the time Henry Ford II and I were using the same men's room at an office in Detroit, Paul Harvey was probably the most famous person I've been close to. And Henry Ford and I didn't exchange any words while taking care of business. LOL.

Growing up, there was a string of Presidents that I had at least seen in person from Truman through Johnson. I never got to share a bathroom with or interview any of them.