Can I put my two cents in here? Too bad I'm going to anyway.

I see nothing wrong with the poor dealer who is closing up shop to find a living elsewhere. Or as Dave said folding up their tents and going home, Marking down merchandise, be it HL's or otherwise, to clear out his (or her) stock. That is unless Harbour Lights has some kind of buy back program, of which I'm not aware of. He's got to clear out his inventory to close the doors on his business.

However, these dealers whom we all see on ebay all the time. Are just WRONG! If they are going to continue doing business as usual then they need to abide by the contract. These are the ones that are killing the Collectable Market. These dealers need to be punished and STOPED!

Now I'm not saying anything against ebay. Ebay is still a good way for individuals to sell off their collection after other sources have been eliminated. Sometime back I bought several pieces off ebay. But they were always retired pieces that I couldn't find elsewhere. And to the best of my knowledge they where all from individuals not dealers.

But now days when I go on ebay, 3/4 of what is listed is current merchandise. Sometimes I see pieces listed on ebay at half price or less when my autoship dealer hasn't even received his stock yet. And that just isn't wright!!! This is what is killing the market for our dealers, for us, for Harbour Lights and all collectibles.

IMHO

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.