"A part of the dealer agreement with HL is that they will sell at MSRP. Dealers know that (or certainly should if they read the agreement) and should honor that requirement. If they feel they need to dump product to stay afloat, they should stop their autoship and cease being a HL dealer. These dealers make a concious decision to violate an agreement and in so doing they make it difficult for other honest dealers to compete on an even footing. This type of clause in a dealer agreement is not unique to HL. To me personally, it does not say much about the integrity of a dealer that is so willing to violate the terms of their agreement. I don't think I could trust that dealer enough to do business with them. All they are doing is chasing away legit dealers, and when they have done that they will also be chasing away the collector that wants the pieces."

Dave - While I agree with the concept of a dealer honoring their commitment to Harbour Lights to only sell the product at MSRP, there are exceptions to this agreement. If I were a dealer whose lifeline was selling Harbour Lights as part of their line and the survivalship of my store was at jeopardy, I would sell at less then MSRP to keep afloat.

Harbour Lights gets their money up front, and as long as they get their money, should be elated that stores advertising on EBAY or selling at a discount in their store, are still buying the product. My feelings on this subject are of course my opinion and should not be construed as bad mouthing Harbour Lights or it's management. They are trying hard to keep the company afloat and profitable, but, in the changing collectible market, they should have more compasion for the dealer trying to make a living. The agreement to sell Harbour Lights at MSRP was the way to go when the collectible market was on the upswing and highly profitable, but, now dealers are struggling to make a living and all things must come to an end. Harbour Lights should re-evaluate their selling policy or they won't have a dealer market to sell their product to.

I've said enough on my thoughts and opinions and will just read other's thoughts and not comment any more on this topic.

Rich