For those of you who are now interested in climbing Portland, I just want to clarify that the climb is for THIS July 24, l999, ONLY. I have no idea if other climbs will be open to the public in the future. You would have to contact the lighthouse staff directly. Be sure to check out their calendar on the Cape Elizabeth website.

For those of you who hope to come to NE, whenever, I would be willing to give you some travel tips on seeing lights and other interesting sites here. I myself do a lot of traveling; and live between two states, so you would need to contact me a good 3 months or more ahead of your trip. From mid Jan - late March you can reach me at ladylightkeeper@dixie-net.com

From mid April through late Nov. it is ladylightkeeper@webtv.net

I would give you travel help in exchange for a donation to our club lighthouse preservation fund. We are an HL club, but also wish to help in restoration projects here in NE through receiving donations to pass on to such projects. We have donated to several this year as a new club; and will be donating to the Cape Neddick (Nubble) lighthouse in York, Me, following our club Christmas party there to see the outlining of the lighthouse with lights, turned on beginning on Sat. Nov 27., along with the town's Christmas celebration at water's edge. It is now quite an annual event.

There is a lot to see in New England. It is a small area but crowded full of history, much of it relating back to the sea. Come enjoy.

Another source of good lighthouse information for New England is the webpage created by Jeremy D'Entremont, a club member who professionally creates and also runs our site and several others for maritime sites. His is filled with the most gorgeous lighthouse photography, each one captioned with the history, cruises, and old postcards of that light. He has created a wonderful CD Rom for computers that covers all Maine lights and this is for sale through the Lighthouse Depot. On his webpage, he sells a nice screen saver and now glossy prints of lighthouses suitable for framing. Check him out at www.lighthouse.cc and register on his guest book and please let him know that you found out about him from the New England Lighthouse Lovers.

Barbara, President
New England Lighthouse Lovers (NELL)
www.lighthouse.cc/nelighthouselovers

to activate the link above...

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 06-28-99).]

ladylightkeeper