Bob,
I'm torn!!! I like your idea though, since I came to HL's, the Society and the Forums late, I have not had the opportunity to get all of the offerings. I remain fairly true to my original decision to get only those lights I've been to or for whatever reason view as "cool".
I am expanding my horizons some as the "disease", a phrase I 1st heard from Dennis Wheland at St. Augustine, has become more serious.
However, I do not think that at this point I would ever be inclined to acquire a complete collection.(Unless of course one was offered to me with an offerI could not refuse.)
Those "veteran" collectors, like yourself, should be recognized as you are probably as responsible for the success of HL collecting as anyone. Since I've been a collector I look at the success of such things as the HL Collector's Society, these Forums, the clubs formed nation wide. I seriously doubt the interest in LH preservation would be as widespread as it is if people like yourself had not spread the word and "kept the flame". laugh laugh laugh Your passion has spread to someone like myself. You folks should be recognized!!!
Since I have been quite active in purchasing those lights that interest me, and have acquired over 100 since 1996 I can agree with Daniel that some way to recognize avid collectors is a good idea too!! We've caught the "disease" from you and hopefully we may be able to "infect" another generation!!!
This topic seems to have an interest that will develope like a snowball rolling downhill and I look foward to watching it grow on these Forums.
Rick laugh laugh laugh