I'm still trying to remember where I heard about a possible recognition of collectors who had a complete collection of HL's. I was thinking a little about it this morning and thought maybe the subject was brought up at a chat late last summer or early fall. I also remembered that it might have been mentioned originally by Kim to a person who participated at that particular chat. I seem to remember that it was planned for sometime this spring or summer.

Quote:
Sorry Bob, I wouldn't think this is a good idea as it could be perceived as a slight to those who, for one reason or another, do not have a complete collection.
I have to disagree with you on that point, Ron. Anyone who has spent the money and time building a complete collection deserves recognition from Harbour Lights. It means they've bought one of every single HL ever made. I'm talking LE's at this point. I'm not talking GLOW's or variations, strictly LE's. Has anyone ever stopped to figure how much money is involved in purchasing a complete collection at retail? Then think about the complete collections that were built when the secondary market was at its peak. We're talking a substantial investment.

Quote:
While this is a great idea, and even though I have a "complete collection (one of every limited edition lighthouse and Anchor Bay", I too feel that it would be a downplay on the other collectors that either started too late or decided to take another route (ie. LLOM, GLOWS, areas, lighthouses visited, etc.)
Rich, like I stated to Ron above in this reply, I don't agree with this being a "downplay" to other collectors who don't have a complete collection. I look at it as an incentive for collectors to try and fill in those few missing pieces to close the gap to a complete collection.

Let's hear from some more folks on this subject!

smile Bob smile