HI! This is my first official post. I have several memories of lighthouses that I've seen and I would like to pass them along to you and maybe you can share your memories with me.

I would like to split this into three sections and they are: 1)First lighthouse that you can remember visiting, 2)First lighthouse that you visited that you won't forget, and 3)First lighthouse that you fell in love with and could have moved right in because you felt as if you were home.

1. The first lighthouse that I can remember visiting was Presque Isle Lighthouse in Erie, PA. in April 1967. Rich(flacoastie) was getting ready to re-enlist and he was joining the Coast Guard after 4 1/2 years in the Navy. The Coast Guard recruiter sent him to the Coast Guard Station on Presque Isle to talk to the people there. After talking to the station people we decided to visit Presque Isle Lighthouse and I think it was at that time that Rich and I started to love lighthouses. The water was the most beautiful blue-green color that I have ever seen.

2. My most memorable and unforgettable lighthouse experience was Old Cape Henry Lighthouse in May 1972. Rich was stationed on the USCGC Ingham out of Portsmouth, VA and each time he returned from a weather patrol the ship's crew would have a lighthouse pool on spotting New Cape Henry's light for the first time. One weekend we had family from New Jersey visiting us and we decided to take them to Fort Story for dinner at the Chief's Club. While there, we decided to visit Old Cape Henry Lighthouse and everyone started the climb to the top. Rich, his Aunt and Uncle, our son Scott(7 yrs), daughter Kellee(6 yrs) and myself. Halfway up I decided that the walls were coming in and that is all I could take. Everyone else made it to the top, had a great view and made it down. Not me, and I've never climbed another lighthouse since then!!

3. The lighthouse that I feel was built for me is Currituck Beach Lighthouse. Several years ago in April 1997, Rich and I took a drive to Nags Head to deliver some lighthouses and pick up a SPECIAL lighthouse that Bruce Roberts and Rich had worked a deal on. Rich did not want to have this lighthouse sent through the mail so we drove to pick it up. We toured Nags Head, Bodie and Currituck during the little remaining time we had over the weekend and I fell in love with Currituck. It was the most beautiful and peacefull setting. It was a spring day and the weather was sunny and warm. The leaves and flowers were just starting to bloom and the walk through the grounds and boardwalk to the pier was so peaceful. I can only imagine what it was like living and working on the lighthouse and grounds when the lighthouse was in it's prime and think it would be neat to be able live there now. I really do love that lighthouse and it's grounds.

So think back and let me know your memories of your first lighthouse, most memorable lighthouse experience and first lighthouse that you fell in love with.

Amy smile