AZ, I think both Eric and I thought you were saying that Cape Kumukahi might not be considered a lighthouse, when I now believe you were talking about Ka Lae. I didn't answer Ka Lae because I looked at the current light, it was a post light and I figured it wouldn't be considered a lighthouse. However, your answer made me look back at it again and it is very interesting. While the first light in 1906 was " A lens-lantern supported by a thirty-four-foot wooden mast" the second in 1929 was "a new forty-five-foot-steel tower was installed at the point, and its beacon was connected to a wind turbine making Ka Lae Light one of just three wind-powered lighthouses in the U.S. Lighthouse Service. A gasoline-powered generator was also located at the station to provide electricity for the dwelling and backup power for the light." The third and present light "thirty-two-foot concrete pole" was erected in 1972. So, at one point it had a lighthouse and keepers house.
For the next question, why don't we just stay here. What are the other two wind-powered lighthouses?

Quotes are from Lighthouse Friends

Laura