I did not realize there was a lighthouse at Grand Lake St. Marys! Want to hear a funny story? I once came very close to going to jail at this lake. I'm from Dayton Ohio, and went fishing here with my first husband and inlaws. We had heard that you didn't dare fish without a license, I didn't have one, but I fished anyway. Sure enough, the game warden was watching with binoculars and didn't buy my story that I was just holding my husband's pole. He said the law was that Ohio residents got a fine and others went to jail. I still had a Texas driver's license from school... I am sitting in the officers car, father in law is saying "if you have to take someone to jail, take me." I am 8 months pregnant at the time, and mad! I tell the father in law to be quiet, nobody is going to jail. Yes, right in front of the officer. I'm not ready to have the baby, but I am determined that if this man takes me to jail for fishing, he is going to be convinced that I am having it in his car and I will do my best to make him look like a fool. I have never treated any law enforcement with disrepect before or since. I did not go to jail, but I did pay a $125 fine, which at the time was about 1/2 my husbands paycheck. Very stupid thing to do.

Laura