Well Folks,

Y'all have made some very valid points. Why do we collect them like we do? What should we do with them after we are confined to the funny farm? (Would we even care at that point?) What happens to them after we hopefully say "Howdy" to St. Peter?

It appears that most of us are related to folks who don't give a tinker's damn about what becomes of our prized lighthouse collection. Would they end up in the closest landfill?

I totally agree with Danny -- selling our lighthouses piecemeal would be a definite pain in the proverbial butt. Besides, handling it that way would probably cause me to cry myself to sleep every day one of my little treasures left the fold.

However, some of them I would be more than happy to trash -- for instance the Mahota Pagoda. I wonder whoever came up with that monstrosity in the first place.

Paul has some thought provoking ideas. But who would be interested? A school? A lighthouse group? A museum? I once thought that I would have my collection buried with me. But then again, Digger might just drop by some evening, dig everything up, put the lighthouses in a truck, take off, and forget to throw me back in the hole.

Who knows? mad

I guess in the meantime I'll just keep collecting.

bobo