Recently I "lost" one of my display areas. At long last (8 years later) my daughter decided that it was time to take her wedding gift from her husband home to Boston. It was a 40's era china cabinet that had been "stored" in my entrance area. The thing is a bear, light wood and very well made. The top, which had three shelves with sliding glass doors I had filled with HL's. The bottom and drawer I had filled with other stuff, mostly extra LH photos and other photo albums.

Good thing she gave me advance notice so I could locate all the HL boxes. Then I had to make room for the other stuff. Rather than replace the cabinet I just plunked another item in the space that was sort of floating around the house forever, an old piano bench would be my guess.

Do I really miss seeing those particular HL's? No. Do I like having one less piece of furniture to clean? Definitely!

So in this case I didn't really get rid of any HL's, just packed some away. Since I have all my boxes and inserts I was able to do that without too much trouble. (But I am still looking for a little more room for the photo albums...)

The funny part of this story is this. My daughter and her husband are no longer together. She is going out with one of his long time friends. He was along when she came out to retrieve the wedding gift. Her apartment in Boston is on the third floor. I said to the boyfriend it was quite the deal. Jack buys the thing and you get to move it. He laughed and told me that when they got it back to Boston maybe he'd call up Jack to get it up the three floors. Apparently the boyfriend and Jack are still friends....