Number of pages will be in the 200-250 range. Perhaps a tiny bit more.

Photos will be mainly archival shots, showing the lighthouses as they have been during construction and/or during various periods of their history. I would expect at least three photos per chapter, although some will have many more. There will probably be a contemporary photo of each light still standing. I recently did some aerial photography of some of the local lights and will use at least one of them, probably more, in the book.

There will also be some of Paul Bradley's illustrations, including his rendition of the long-lost Gardiner's Island lighthouse, and his LI map with all the stations marked. Both of these illustrations were done in cooperation with the LI Chapter of the US Lighthouse Society, and he is donating the work for the book. I expect to use at least one pre-1900 map, too.

The cover will be color, the photos inside will be B&W. I still intend to do a more general LI lighthouse book with color photos someday, but it won't be as cool for "real" lighthouse fans as this one.

I'm psyched for this project, and promise it will be worth the wait.

Bob