Shirin...

With the Lighthouse Journal, you could use one SHEET (front and back) to record your visit to a particular lighthouse, use a sticker, collect the USLHS rubber stamp, perhaps add a small photo of the lighthouse that you took, and write some notes on your impressions, date, time, weather, etc.

At some future time, you can 'unwind' the coil binding, rearrange the pages based on region, state, etc. and have them rebound in a different order or even into different books that collect the sheets into geographic regions.

There will be stickers that name 'regions' such as 'Outer Banks' or 'Long Island' or 'Cape Cod' as well as stickers for each state so you could even cover over 'American Lighthouses' image with one of these regional stickers.

Most any Kinkos and many other quick-printers can do coil binding. The charge would probably be about $2-$4 to add a new coil to a book.

However, there are different size holes and slightly different positionning of the drilled holes for the coils, depending on the size of the coil. Bigger diameter coiles are slightly 'fatter' in size.

Your comment leads me to think I'll need to offer separately sets of front and back covers, punched, but without insert pages. Or perhaps with a 'Table of Contents' page so people can do just this reorganization after the fact.

Judy...

Having a separate journal for your grandson would be a nice memento of his lighthouse visits with 'gramma'. You could use the Lighthouse stickers, let him create a picture of the lighthouse in whatever artform he is into at each age, scan and reprint that in a size that fits in 'his' journal.

He might appreciate you 'taking dicatation' writing his thoughts and impressions to encourage his journaling. That is until he can 'write on the lines'...

Perhaps I need to think about a special 'Kids Edition Journal'. How would that differ from the one you see at the web site? A question for parents and grandparents of younger children.