OH WOW.... I can't believe my eyes. Am I reading this right.... only 20 forum members donated?

Come on folks what's wrong with you? ! Most of you who come here to these forums do so because of your Love for and interest in LIGHTHOUSES. I know that times are bad and money is tight.... but $5. for Lighthouse Restoration wouldn't have killed you! Yes... the more you could donate the better... but even just $5. would help (and would have gotten your name in the pot). Think of it this way... if 100 of you out there could have only donated $5. that would have been $500. for Lighthouse Restoration! It's not a matter of how much you can do, it's a matter of DO what you can!

I myself made two separate donations, one in the first few days and another at the very end. Neither were very substantial amounts... but they were the best that I could do. And yes I was lucky, I was one of the prize winners. But if I hadn't been... that would have been ok... because what I was doing was for the Lighthouses, not for the prize!
(I will however take my prize and display it with pride! towel )

Roland, I understand your disappointment. I am disappointed too! I know that you worked long and hard on this endeavor. But at least you did raise $1400. for the Lighthouses, so that is good. Thank You for all you, and the other Committee Members did for this great opportunity to both help the Lighthouses and a chance to receive some great prizes.

Knowing what I do now, I would have to say the best thing to do with the remaining 4 prizes is to tell the donors... Thank You for offering them, but you keep them. Maybe we can do something again another day in the future and they can offer them again.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.