I can positively confirm that Coquille is eligible for the nomination.

I spoke to a woman on the Restoration Project earlier today.

I also have bad news- I have to disqualify Currituck again this year for the same reason it was ineligible last year- it's ownership is still in question due to the appeal by the County.Here's the link to the story.

http://www.dailyadvance.com/news/newsfd/auto/feed/news/2003/04/23/1051113517.00303.2058.1716.html

Keep in mind that Currituck will almost definitely be eligible for next year's Pin. I believe (hope) that the appeal will go against the County

I also have to disqualify Cape St George. I have not found any evidence that the Organization raising funds is still operating. I have discovered that there are several problems including a disput with the contractor on the First Phase of the Restoration. I have found no evidence to support any work being done by the Organization at this time or any planned continued restoration being planned at this time.

Hopefully things will change in the future and this project can get back on track and the Lighthouse will be eligible for the Pin.

Sorry Lamar and all the others who nominated these Lighthouses who deserve the help, but under the rules above don't qualify at this time.

Dennis