That's an idea John, but surprising to hear from you...after all, you ARE Mr. Lighthouse Stickers!

What you could do is get the stamp on the message side and write over it, making the stamp a kind of watermark background. But, alas, there is not a stamp for every lighthouse you can get a postcard for. Also, I don't think they charge you $1, I think you are supposed to put it in the donation jar...or maybe they waive it for me as I am a kid, and they are impressed that I even have a passport with 16 stamps in it. Adults tend to do those kinds of things...I guess I'm just really charming. wink

Becki-Portland would be OK in that scenario. I myself thought Portland Head was in Portland until recently. There must be some other lights that some think are in one town, some another. You could be reasonable--Just don't send them from Lubec or something like that. Worse comes to worse comes to worse, you drop it in someone's mailbox and put the flag up. Of course, I think I'd say that you have to get out quite a bit lighthousing during the year the exchange would last. If you're the kind of person who gets out maybe 1,2,3 times a year to see a couple lights, than this wouldn't be an exchange for you. I'd say you have to see at least around 15 lights/year, +/-. That way, you should be able to send out 5 cards at some point during the year. Just think...you can go to the Outer Banks and knock 4 cards off the tally...do a Challenge and be able to do a minimum of your requisite cards.

Also, you could politely ask the people at the gift shop of the light where you buy the postcards to send them out with their mail to get them postmarked from their town. Hopefully, they'll happily comply. smile