There are several reasons why this is happening.

One is as I have stated before, that the more popular lighthouses have already been produced. The newer LE's are the less popular ones and therefore the market to buy them is much smaller.(thus the need for smaller editions "5500") For most gift shops this means that probably only regular Harbour Lights customers will purchase them. Not enough traffic to give much shelf space.
(thus the need for GLOWS and LLOM, so dealers can have some of the more popular lights available) Without these I believe there would be even more dealers dropping the HL line.

Another reason is that the "Lighthouse" market in general is saturated. Every you look there is some kind of lighthouse product for sale. At any given time on EBAY there are over 5000 lighthouse items for sale.I believe that this also has taken away from the Harbour Lights market because people are purchasing other products instead of Harbour Lights.

Could the future of Harbour Lights be mail order from places like the Lighthouse Depot and the Bronze Lady and perhaps Harbour Lights themselves ??

The Lightkeeper
Mike