Oops...it looks like the wording with "one card from one light to each participant" wasn't that great, seeing as you got confused. When I meant that, I meant to send out one card with one lighthouse depicted on it to each participant. This is because I have seen cards that say "Greetings from Maine" and have small pictures of Portland Head, West Quoddy, Nubble, Rockland Bkwtr., or some other combo of Maine lights on the face of the card. I would rather the cards be depictions of a single light. Sorry for the confusion.

I see what you mean about people far from lighthouses. The only suggestion I have is to not participate. If you are from a place that prohibits you from getting out to lights too often, then don't participate. When and if I launch the exchange, I'll probably say to only join if you get out to see lighthouses more than approx. 5 times/year. That pretty much ensures that you will be able to participate.

The end date for the exchange will be one year from the start date, but if all 175 cards have been sent out (5 cards from 25 lights, plus 2 extras for The Youngers and Connie Small, as it looks like is the tradition) prior to the end date, the exchange will be ended early, and, depending on its success, another one will or will not be started after the traditional requisite two months.

Also, I think if you send stamped cards, letters, etc. to the post office of the town you want the postmark from in an envelope, they will mail them out from their post office with their postmark. I know that some towns with Christmas-related names will take peoples Christmas cards and do this, so I would guess that you can do the same with lighthouse postcards. That way, you can buy your postcards while out lighthousing as you always would, then mail them to the, for example, Nags Head post office stamped, addressed, and messaged. The people in Nags Head will then take your postcards and do whatever they do to put postmarks on them. Thus, you don't have to spend the time finding the PO, mailing them, getting back to your trip, etc. It might be good to call the PO before the trip and see if they can do this for you, though.

I think if there is enough interest, all is go!