It is December and no one has started an "in envelope" post card exchange, so I guess I will see if we can get one going.

I have decided to keep this exchange open for four months. (Let's see how this works out- 6 months and we [I] tend to procrastinate, but 3 months, especially in winter, may not give folks enough time to acquire cards.) Exchange will be limited to a maximum of 25 participants, plus each will be expected to also send a card to Harbour Lights and (new addition) one to Connie Small. This means you will need a total of 27 cards if we fill the exchange: 24 for other participants, 1 for HL, 1 for Connie and 1 for yourself.

Here are some general guidelines and how-to's I wrote for a previous exchange, to enlighten our newer members. These exchanges are a lot of fun, and have produced a wonderful post card collection for me. I think I only have one exact duplicate card (not bad for being in 4 or so exchanges!)

(1) sign up to participate
(2) Buy lighthouse postcards (enough for everyone in the exchange plus HL and Connie)
(3) Write a note to send with the postcard, but not on the postcard (this exchange is for "clean" cards that have not been written on or postmarked)
(4) Place card and note into an envelope
(5) Create address labels from the list that will be provided to you, or hand address the envelopes
(6) Seal the envelopes, affix postage, place into custody of the USPS
(7) Enjoy the cards you will receive over the course of the exchange, and all the notes that come with them
(8) Sign up for the next exchange, and possibly the "traditional" post card exchange

I will collect names and addresses of participants. If you have not been in a previous exchange with me, please email me your information: [email]dhannum@iquest.net][/email] (be sure to include your screen name). Once I close registration, I will supply everyone with an address list.

Please sign in if you want to participate, email me if you have any questions! I will be # 1.

Dave

[This message has been edited by Dave H (edited 11-30-2001).]