I started collecting the Danbury Mint Lighthouses several years ago. They are comparable to the GLOWs and Danbury has a lot of lights not available through Harbour Lights. Workmanship is very good, but they do have a problem with colors. They come up with some really strange colors for grass. The Lights are shipped automatically. It’s always a pleasant surprise to find a lighthouse at your front door.

The first series of eight, Historic International Lighthouses, includes LODBJERG LH, Western Jutland, Denmark, CALABURRA LH, Malaga, Spain, STAR POINT LH, Dartmouth, England, KANNONZAKI LH, Yokosuka City, Japan, EDDYSTONE LH, Plymouth, England, LECAP FREHEL LH, St. Malo, France, PORTOFERRAIO LH, Elba Island, Italy, and POINT ALBINO LH, Eastern Lake Erie, Canada.

The Historic American Lighthouse series includes East Brothers, Boston Light, Cape Hatteras, Admiralty Head, West Quoddy, Sandy Hook, Old Point Loma and Block Island Southeast Light.

Historic American Lighthouse II, series includes Split Rock, New London Ledge, Point Vincente, and still to come, Ponce de Leon, Diamond Head, Passage Island, Fire Island, and Grosse Point.

Beacons by the Sea series includes Pigeon Point, Montauk Point, Los Angeles Harbor, Barnegat, Cape Elizabeth and still to come Assateague, Alcatraz, St. Augustine, Nauset, Buffalo Main, Hooper Strait and Fort Gratiot.

I also have Danbury's Lighthouse Point and Fisherman's Cove. The five pieces making up each display can also be displayed individually.

Hawthorne Village also offers lighthouses. I have Beach Bums by Charles Wysocki. It is a typical Wysocki sculpture and has a red fantasy lighthouse.

Just signed up for a series of Thomas Kinkade's Guiding Lights, an illuminated sculptural lighthouse collection from Hawthorne Village. Only drawback is they are not real lighthouses. Website is collectiblestoday.com.

Joyce

[This message has been edited by Tom and Joyce Abbott (edited 01-18-2000).]

Tom & Joyce