Hello,

Wow! 600 is a lot of cards for only 3 years!

I couldn't count my postcards before yesterday because I didn't have them organized. We were going to go to Split Rock yesterday, but it was cloudy and it drizzled most of the day. So, I took the opportunity to organize my postcards. With the brochures, etc., I already filled up an album.

I'm probably one of the newest collectors. I had collected postcards years ago, but stopped at some point. Although I have been buying postcards to mail on vacations, I didn't start to collect them for myself again until I noticed the postcard exchanges on this forum earlier in 2003. I did find a few lighthouse postcards that I had purchased prior to 2003...probably ones that I had intended to send but didn't.

My total # of unduplicated (not written on) lighthouse postcards is 155. (There may be a few others I haven't located yet, and I didn't count the ones with writing on them.) I just participated in my first exchange. The majority of the others are from my trip to Washington State and the Apostle Islands this year. Keeper of the Light in Bayfield, Wisconsin, had a nice selection of Michigan lighthouse postcards in addition to the Apostle Islands. Plus, I have a few from Hawaii, Michigan's Upper Peninsula, Puerto Rico and Vancouver Island from last year. I am too lazy to figure out how many unique lighthouses I have, though I did count the states because that's how I organized them. I have postcards from 19 states, plus Puerto Rico and Canada.

Tammy