You can see the cover of this book at www.bn.com The site is sold out, but you can check with your local Barnes & Noble. This is a 'Bargain Book'.

Amazon.com has 1 copy left @ 12.98. Margret: Amazon.co.uk has them.

Lighthouses is the most beautiful 'coffee table' book of lighthouse images and words about lighthouses that I've ever seen. Most photos are full page; some flow across two pages. They appear to be large format images (view cameras) since most have excellent perspective control and deep focus. Colors just pop and the details on the lighthouses can be clearly seen.

176 pages. The majority of photos are of US lighthouses, but a nice selection from other parts of the world. Many fresnel and lantern room shots. Many, many of the lights are shown at twilight or early morning. On facing pages there are quotes, poems and excerpts from literature about lighthouses.

I paid $12.98 for this book (less my 30% discount.) It was first published in 2001 and printed in Singapore. It may have been reprinted in 2003. Originally published at $39.95.

Highly recommended at whatever price you have to pay. smile

There was a photo of one US lighthouse I'd never heard of -- Boom Island in Minneapolis on the Mississippi.

This is NOT the photo in the book , but it is from a stock photo agency. I suspect that many of the photos in this book. Outside of a couple of other stock agency photos, I couldn't find any other information on Boom Island Lighthouse.