Bob: You don't know how thrilled I was to read your posting here. My husband, Henry, who is a big HL collector (he just doesn't have time to do much posting right now) is also into HO scale RR in a big, big way. He helped to start a model RR club where we live in a small town in MS. He was born and raised in GLen Burnie, MD,--- that's Chesapeake Bay territory and was familiar with Thomas Point. A few years back we were heading from MS to my home state of WI, and I had heard of something called the Rosemont Collectible Show. So we stopped off for a few hours when traveling through the Chicago area. Looked at the HL booth, actually met Bill, walked around for awhile -- and came back to the booth and oohed and aahed over the Thomas Point. He told me there that it was a familiar light for him. But we both walked out saying no way, we don't want to get stuck into collecting ANYTHING.

Well, I needed a Christmas present for him that winter, and I got him the Thomas Point. Was this a mistake?! We both became adddicted with the beauty of this piece and circled all the dealers on the map for the route for next winter's trip to FL and came home with a car load. Unfortunately we got into it about a year too late, and missed out on the very first ones which are now so valuable. But we still love what we could find.

I am forwarding this thread on to him, as I am sure he will be interested in getting the kit and adding a lighthouse to his RR layout. Thanks for thinking of Model RR people.

Barbara

ladylightkeeper