Hilari,

In-Envelope exchange is a: New, Un-used, Un-addressed, Un-marked lighthouse postcard. Placed into an addressed envelope and mailed. Mail one to each person on the list, all the same card if possible.

Some people use this opportunity to add a little surprise in the envelope as well. Maybe information about the lighthouse pictured on the postcard. Or a photo that they have taken of that lighthouse, or maybe an extra postcard with a different view of the same light.

Some have added special things like a Lighthouse Bookmark, a Lighthouse Swizzle Stick, a Lighthouse pocket calendar... etc. Something special that they wanted to give to their lighthouse friends.

The additions are not required by any means! But the IN-ENVELOPE dose give you that opportunity if you have something that you want to share.

I have made it a habit of buying 30 of the same card to use for in these exchanges (both IN- Envelope and NO-Envelope), however in the last few years our numbers have dropped and it is usually around 13 to 15 participates. So I've had lots of cards leftover these last few years. These I use to put into the Round Robins or just mail to friends.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.