From going over the list of secondary market HLs and the prices listed in the start of this topic, I realize I got some great deals. Most of those listed were purchased by me for around 40% off those prices. I was fortunate to get the ones I did for the prices I paid.

Will we ever see those kind of values of HLs again? What it boils down to is what people are willing to give you for your HL.

The connected collectors who are members at the CF and those who deal regularly on the Net realize you can get some good buys if you're patient. You have to shop around and wheel and deal to succeed in getting the best buy.

On the other hand, you have collectors that don't want the hassle of bartering for a bargain. If they see something they want, they pay the price. After all, it's only money.

One of my Block Island friends told me something one summer that has always stuck in my mind. He told me there are basically two kinds of money. One is real money. The other is vacation money. When you're on vacation you are more apt to pay twice as much for something than you would if you going about your normal routine at home.

There will always be people out there who have plenty of expendable cash and will be willing to pay a premium price for something they want. The trick is to find them whenever you have something you want to sell.

Bob