Stretching my already stretched memory here, JC... all of these are sketchy and may not be right

[*] Tom Wahlberg

[*] Rhodas Collectibles at www.rhodas.com

[*] The Yankee Craftsman

[*] a fellow who's first name is George out of Oklahoma was v. active for a while (last name totally escapes me)

[*] www.someonespecial.com

[*] www.seabeacons.com

The secondary market got its real start with a handful of dealers. Internet presence started with newsgroup type postings.

I had a date of 9/26/99 on the LHK site - but that's not necessarily the date of the page shown above. It was done w/ frames and the navigation frame had 'the '99 date, but the price list was not dated.

At least it's evidence of a era when HL were not (as) commoditized as today. So when you hear the old timers moan about prices from the past you'll know there is truth to it. The market was white hot with price moves almost daily.

I'll suggest things peaked around 4 months on either side of the 1997 1st Reunion. NPL during the Christmas season of '97 was hitting $750. I made a 4 for 2 trade against NPL futures in July of '97 - the model had never been seen at that time. (gave: NPL+OPL, got: Barnegat+Ocracoke+Key West+Neddick) The LHK suite at the first reunion was alive with wheeling and dealing. One afternoon while there, JC, Warren, Paulie, KeeperKR, and I saw 7 Coquille's lined up next to each other - and we started spotting variations.

And hey - we're still at it today. :-)

__
/

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 02-17-2002).]