Quote:
Originally posted by flacoastie:
I have a Cape Lookout NC Artist Proof that I bought from a store in NC that I questioned until I did some checking. The flag does not have a seial number or the qty issued etched into the flag. There is no stickers on the bottom and no box that came with it. Artist Proofs do not come with a box from what I've been told so that will be one of the big tests.
The missing edition size isn't related to it being (or not being) an artists proof. It's one of those pieces that was changed from an open edition to a closed edition . So as an open edition, it wouldn't have had an edition size.

Missing bottom sticker and missing box would not be good indicators either (or anyone could remove stickers and throw-away boxes to RAISE the value.) smile

If you bought it from a store, they would certainly know if it was an AP - they would have HAD to have received it as a 'special' from their area rep. If not, then who knows...

Certainly with the responsibility of the factory to hand-number every item that leaves the factory, it's not out of the likelihood that a few un-numbered pieces slip out.

Since there's no box, then you can't see what the number was on the box.

It's a mystery. But NOT very elementary, Watson.

wink