I must agree with the above(concerning over production and GLOWS). We probably could have survived over production(as Harbour Lights realized their lack of sales of the high numbers and iniatiated self-imposed retirements and lower edition sizes) but the introduction of the GLOW line and the continued production of these pieces has been the biggest contributor to the down fall of the secondary market for limited edition pieces.

Now we mustn't blame the whole LE secondary market fiasco on Harbour Lights because they are a business and must make a profit to stay in business. The GLOW line would not have succeeded and would probably have disappeared had it not been for the LE collectors. The non-collector buying a GLOW while on vacation or for an occasional gift was not the responsible person for undermining the LE market, it is the dedicated collector satisfied with a GLOW to fill in their LE collection, rather then save their money to buy the "Real Thing".

What we are witnessing on the Marketplace Forum and E-Bay is a direct result of this willingness to buy an affordable GLOW to fill the gaps of a collection and we only have ourselves to blame for the LE decline. I for one do not feel the LE secondary market will ever rebound for this great artwork that Harbour Lights produces(the best and most accurate and affordable on the market) and to this end I will keep my prices for my extra pieces where they are. I will not add to the secondary market decline and will give the extra pieces to charities before I will sell a LE for $30.00-$40.00. I understand there are reasons that some collectors have for getting rid of a collection such as a death, hardship or medical reasons, but, the prices I have seen advertised tell me that some collectors that got into collecting because it was the "in thing to do" are now getting out and trying to salvage some of their investments. The collectors that are in it for the long haul because of their love of lighthouses) are the ones that are suffering.

The above is my opinion of course and I'm sure will be agreed by some and disagreed to by many, but, this is why I like these Forums because it gives us all a place to express our opinions.

Rich