Quote:
Let's face it, it's a plain Jane.
Not picking on you, Bob...this is the "popular" description voiced by collectors.

I believe it is an impossibility to visit Ocracoke (the "real McCoy") and come away feeling it's a "plain Jane".

If we were to rate all lighthouses according to "beauty padgeant" standards, this lighthouse would easily come in the top 30%.

If it wasn't such a pretty lighthouse at such a lovely setting, than why would so many couples get married on the grounds?

I'm also a proud owner of a HL Ocracoke, purchased at retail price with a low flag#. (I didn't even pay shipping costs!) It holds prominant display space in my collection. This is not because I know the phenomena of it's increased value, but because it holds a special place in my heart.

Ocracoke is one of those lighthouses that gives me extra "warm fuzzies" when I pull my car into one of the limited parking spaces for the "umpteenth" time. It's such a pretty setting, you can't help but be in awe. It's a magical place. In no way is this lighthouse a "plain Jane".

My grown son, a CPA, is the person who will inherit my HL collection some day. He knows the special $$values of some of the pieces I have, and he can do as he sees fit. However, with the appreciation he has of them now, I would be surprised if he looked at them for their monetary value.

Judy

Judy