The member who originally brought this to our attention commented that there may well be more people out there who have been taken advantage of but do not realize they can leave additional feedback. The unfortunate flaw is that even when a very negative additional feedback is left the score is still a positive one because this is what the original was. John maakes a most important point that you need to read all the feedback. Over time I would imagine that the sheer volume of transaction feedback would overwhelm most people in trying to look at this person's history.

Some of the real issues highlighted here:

* PayPal is so far apparently blindly siding with the purchaser. Hopefully they will look at the incredible number of people reporting the same thing (and who have proof of delivery of product) and will change their position.
* A person who wants to cheat the system and others will find a way to do so.
* eBay is also being very slow in responding. This person should have immediatley been suspended from participation while they try to determine the facts in the case.
* It is interesting that this person is a fairly new eBay member that has been on a major buying spree. Nothing for sale. Is it going into a store someplace for resale or have they built a pretty decent set of collections?

eBay should in fact probably be helping the cheated sellers by providing as much information as possible. To a non-lawyer it would appear that they have broken any number of state and federal laws in doing what they are doing. They have figured how to work the system to cheat people and by eBay and PayPal defending them, those two entities are tsrnishing their own reputations. While I am sure they have their butts covered in small print somewhere, I would also have to believe that they should be held liable in both civil and criminal cases since they have, to date, blindly upheld the side of the cheater.