I agree with Bob's thoughts except I would like to add a few things that I feel.

On GLOWS: Most GLOWS will sell on the secondary market in the $30-$40 range because there is no increase in market value as long as they are being produced. Once they retire for whatever reason, they may increase a small amount depending on the reason for retirement. Boston "Harbour" is a good example of a GLOW increasing in value but it can still be found selling for anywhere from $60-$70. Another example is Barnegat with it's "Slim" tower selling for around $50-$55. Not a big return on you investment, however, your investment was not large and when you buy the GLOW you must understand that when you decide to sell, for whatever reason, the market for GLOWs is very small.

Current Issues/Recent Retirements: Call around and try to buy retail. If no luck, call HL and they will put you in touch with a dealer that still has the piece you are looking for. Retired at Retail in the Forums is another good choice and finally post in the Forums and indicate you are looking for that piece. I would expect to pay shipping unless you find a dealer that ships free and the free is usually if you pay over $100.00. Very seldom will you find a free shipment because that takes away from the profit of the seller.

Older Retired Pieces: Lots of luck and pleanty of patience is what I would advise, unless you are rich and money is no object. The time to buy is now because I have never seen the prices in the Marketplace as cheap as they are now (with a few exceptions). You can always hold on and hope that you find that special piece "just a little cheaper" but, you may loose it trying to save $5-$10 and then you will be sorry you tried to save the extra few bucks. If you are selling something, look at the Greenbook and as Bob said "decrease the selling price by 30% and give it a shot or try looking at the Marketplace and see what that same piece is averageing and if you can live with that price, or reduce it another $5, give it a try. And again, ask yourself "would I buy this piece at that price" or am I looking for a unsuspecting buyer to pay the cost. Most serious collectors, and even novice collectors, know what the product is currently going for.

Rich

Rich