At least three of them are dealers (each dumping over 50 lighthouses on eBay right now) that I can figure out. In fact, one of them no longer is a dealer and bought extra stock just before informing Harbour Lights that they were changing the emphasis of their store away from collectibles. They are really shameless, I believe, to do this not only to Harbour Lights but also to you, the collectors.

I have stated this before and I will state it again, while on the surface it looks like a good deal to collectors buying at less than retail, it really hurts the value of your collection.

I won’t even go into the “they sign a contract with Harbour Lights agreeing not to sell below retail,” (integrity in honoring one’s word); however, in this one dealer’s case he knew he wasn’t going to have a contract when he dumped all of this stock for quick low profits.

In one of the other forums there is a thread where everybody posts what a great find they had…. Well, in this one collector’s opinion finding a discounted Harbour Lights lighthouse is not a great find at all. A great find is finding a 3 or more years retired lighthouse for retail, of course this happens only after the store recently cleaned out their back room and discovered it hidden under some things.

I know I am in a minority in feeling this way, but hey, that’s just one reason why I am…..

SaintWackoPaul

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!