We have lived in the Deep South of MS for l5 years, and were very leery of what would happen with our posssessions, pre-HL period in our life. Being photographers, we listened very carefully to friends who were fellow photographers and born down South. All warnings revolved around climate control, as humidity and heat will make mold grow right on the negatives and slide surfaces. The same mold could grow on HL surfaces. Therefore we keep our air conditioner turned on all year except Nov through Feb. or early March, depending on the temperature range. This keeps the house dry, and the temperature doesn't have to be set on a really cold setting to give protection. We are not there from June through November, so this is our "insurance policy" against growth. The furnace in the cold months keeps it dry also. I have put things like Christmas decorations out in a storage building , subjected to extreme heat and humidity and have seen much deterioration,. One solution, if you have a window in your storage building and can afford to do so, is install a small window air conditioning unit to keep your HL's under climate control. Look in the newspaper ads for used ones. As for bugs, one year we paid a small fortune to have the house interior sprayed every month. I saw more bugs after that than in the years before and after, where we didn't bother. Buy some fumigators and do it without the HL's in the room or storage shed, and then move them back in. I hope the house you are building has a good A/C system!! What state and city do you live in? We just started the NE HL club up here in the north; and were wondering how many collectors are in our area of n. MS and Memphis and Jackson, TN???

------------------

ladylightkeeper