Quote:
It's now called the Trading Post, you can post any Harbour Light item for sale in that forum
New Marketplace? I guess my fingers were typing before my brain went into gear. How could I forget it is now the Trading Post. Sorry for the wrong info, Ted, and thanks for the reminder, Paul. I can just see Ted saying, "I don't see a New Marketplace."

Things have been really hectic with my bride in the hospital and my selling of my elderly aunt's home happening at the same time. I was stuck handling everything for my aunt (no kids) including the lovely task of cleaning the place out before the closing.

The good news is Lorna may come home today and I will be taking care of her for the next few weeks. More good news is the house is sold and my aunt is living very well in an assisted living place about five miles away. She went from her home to a nursing home, and then to assisted living. The assisted living is like living at a luxury hotel. I should be so lucky when I get old(er).

Quote:
If some collectors place a higher value on 3 digit pieces over 4 digit, in comparison, what would 2 digit do to the value?
Wishigan, I place a higher value on lower flag#'s. I faithfully "patrol" eBay each and every day looking for special flag #'s. Yes, I will bid if they have one I find interesting like 2-digit, lower 3-digits, all the numbers the same like 2222, 3333, 4444, etc., even though I already have that model.

I have a 2-digit auto ship on LE's and on AB's. That means I pay full retail pricing. In many cases these same pieces with higher flag #'s are available on eBay at discounted prices, therefore, making them available at a considerable cost savings. I choose to support my HL Dealer and buy at retail when it comes to brand new pieces. After that I head for the secondary market to find the best pieces people are selling for deeply discounted prices. Then there's the case of finding those rare pieces that would have never been found if it wasn't for eBay.

I've seen plenty of 2-digit HL's go for a lot less than retail on eBay. It's the luck of the draw. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose when you play the secondary market game.

cool Bob cool