Whatever happened to common courtesy? The man drops the ball or catches the ball - it's still his. My grandmother would have taken each one of those people by the ear and taught them common courtesy. I guess now-a-days everything is about the amount of money it will bring in. frown

No, I wouldn't spend $4,000, $2,000, or even $1,000 on a rare Harbour Light. Like I stated before, I could visit the lighthouse itself for less than that or even donate a good portion of the money to the Lighthouse to help restore it. My main love in life is to visit the lighthouses and help save them from destruction - collecting replicas (like Harbour Lights) is just a nice hobby to remind me of the lighthouses I am helping to save. I don't begrudge any one for selling their Harbour Lights, whether purchased or won, but it's a bit much to put a extremely high reserve on something that was given freely. I hope though that the selling HL helps Irish22's sister out - she should be able to pay all her bills and then some.

Good luck also to the rich people that are bidding on the item - I guess when you have more money than you know what to do with you can spend that kind of money on something that only the few select people that enter your home will be able to see. And while your spreading around all those extra thousands of dollars you have, you may want to forward a buck or two to the actual Lighthouse to ensure it's future.

Just stating my opinion, smile

BonnieJean
bjexum@floridalighthouses.org
Visit: www.floridalighthouses.org