I totally do not remember what the first lighthouse I climbed was. I could tell you which ones I did NOT climb better than the ones that I did.

I'm not afraid of heights (although for a couple of years I've had vertigo periodically) but my knees won't take it anymore. This dates back to 1969 when I climbed the fire tower at Valley Forge and the tower at Washington's Crossing and maybe a couple of other things in one week, and was so crippled afterwards that I couldn't even look under the bed for my shoes. At the time I had three children, including one in diapers, and we lived in a row house where the bathroom was on the 2nd floor and the washer and dryer were in the basement.

Recently (within the last 3 or 4 years, I have visited, but did not climb Ponce, or Currituck and I didn't even go into St. Augustine. I have climbed the one in Key West, and the Cape Florida Light (in Bill Baggs State Park). I've also gone into Gasparilla Light, but that's a little short one.

I've gone up into Drum Point at the Solomons Museum, but I've not managed to get to Cove Point because when I've been at the museum, the tours have not been running for whatever reason. I trited to go up Piney Point, but there was such a crowd that I got tired of waiting (I have back problems and cannot stand for very long).