The Eddystone Bid

I originally wrote a page on this subject a couple of days ago, but didn’t save and lost it all. So am starting over again.
Everyone pretty much has covered it, but I still have a few things to add.

As all ready mentioned the Gold Eddystone has gone for as high as $4000 at the action that was held by the Houston Lightkeepers.
There are a few collectors that are trying for all the Gold event pieces along with some collectors that want at least one. This in the past has driven the prices up, but as time goes on the few collectors are completing their collections and many have just lost interest. This in turn has lowered the demand on the Gold. Even though there are only 10 of the Eddystone in existence. There just aren’t the collectors out there willing to pay the big bucks for one.

Am I trying to say that the Eddystone is worth $565? No!!!!! Way!!!! All I am saying I doubt that you will see them going for the premium they were going for in the past. My opinion of the Eddystone in today’s going market is around $2000. If properly marketed maybe $2500 like BobM said.

But why did it go for so cheap? The seller of the Gold Eddy Stone had no idea what he had. He is selling off his mother’s collection that he inherited. He did not list it as the gold version, just as Eddy stone. The only way the bidders on ebay knew what it was was by the little icon showing its picture. I think many bidders missed this one.
Especially by are older collectors with bad eyes. I know I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw it.

Here is the (revised)Gold count that we did a year and a half ago:

Eddystone 10

St George Florida 35

Fort Tompkins spring regional 5
Fort Tompkins summer regional 5
Fort Tompkins fall regional 5
Fort Tompkins winter regional 5

Mark Twain store event –tower 100 to 130

South East Block on the move regional 22
St Clair store event 100 to 130
St Clair with gem?
Golden Gate Bridge 250

St Augustine regional 5
Lightship relief regional 5
Three Sisters store event 100 to 130 and three with gems?
Baileys Harbor Gold 1
(1) St. Clair with Gems given out oat the Nell event
(2) Gold Alpena Lighthouse

(50) 14 Foot Bank Little Light size lighthouses.
(1) Gold Middle Island Lighthouse
(1) Gold Waugoshance
(1) Gold Brant Point
(1) Gold Prices Creek
(1) Gold Avery Point

6 Full Size Gold-Plated Pewter Admiralty Heads

17 Gold Miniature El Morro PR (based on the Little Light): 1 at each of the In-Store events.

DANIEL