If you would like a totally unbiased opinion, your first stop should be eBay. Type in harbour lights in the search, and you should come up with approximately 200 plus Harbour Lights on auction at this time. Look at the auctions and see if any of the pieces you have are being auctioned off. That will give you a rough idea what people are willing to pay for similar pieces to yours.

I went over your list as posted and didn't see any that would bring big bucks in today's secondary market. Then I went through the flag numbers to see if you had anything low or unusual that might make the piece more attractive to some potential buyers. Other than Halfway Rock, there was nothing that stood out.

What this boils down to is your HL's are only worth what someone is willing to pay you for them. There are many collectors here at the Collector Forums than have built their collections buying from the "Trading Post" here at the Collector Forums. The likelyhood of someone here buying more than one or two is highly unlikely.

Basically you did the right thing coming here with your request. By now a few hundred people have seen your list and may have already contacted you. That is good if it has happend. Don't feel insulted if people have made offers well below what you thought the collection was worth. They probably are well informed what they go for on eBay and you have to take into consideration the cost of shipping and insurance.

I see that you list Gloucester as your location. That is a great seaside community with many lighthouses within a short driving distance. How about you putting an ad in the local newspaper offering the lights for sale. It would be worth the cost of a classified ad, and if a potential buyer can view them and pick them up in person, he or she can save a bundle in shipping costs.

You could also try a consignment store. Many potential buyers may not know anything about Harbour Lights and may think they are getting the bargain of a lifetime if they can buy a piece for $35 that originally retailed for twice that. If they look at eBay they could probably buy the same piece for $20-$25 but would have to pay another $10-$12 to ship and insure it.

If you would like me to put an assigned estimated value on each individual piece that would be my rough estimation of what you may get on the secondary market, just email me at biri97@aol.com and I would be happy to do that for you. Another consideration would be to keep the HL's and hope for better pricing in the future.

Harbour Lights has a strong following of collectors that seek these wonderful lighthouse replicas. Harbour Lights is truly the best manufacturer of lighthouse replicas that I know of. The unfortunate part is most HL collectors already have what you have to offer. Maybe you'll get lucky and find some new collectors who would love to add your pieces to their collections.

keyboard Bob