Good topic, Dennis.

I learned there was a group of folks interested in Harbour Lights hanging out on AOL. I actually joined AOL for that reason (and that reason only). Spent a day reading all the back messages in the AOL Lighthouse Collectors forum. Shy wallflower that I am it took me another day to start posting. Then about a week to jump into the chat sessions. LOL!

When AOL decided to disallow 'for sale' items over a certain price in its regular forums a few of us began talking about starting an HL newsgroup. JC up and got a copy of the UBB forum software running and invited a few of the regulars to play around with it in preview mode. It was nice to drop AOL as quickly as they dropped my connection to them so many times.

And here we are today. :-)

The kind of discussion/idea exchange we have here is what the Net is all about. Its great! Brings people together and there's absolutely no doubt these forums have vastly increased folk's knowledge about HL and lighthouses in general.

How 'bout some of you lurkers out there jump into this thread with your first message. We know you're out there and would love to have your participation!

Rgds,
__
/im

[This message has been edited by JTimothyA (edited 03-11-2001).]