I wish you luck, Larry! Stranger things have happend on eBay but in today's market recovering what you originally spent is being more realistic.

I owned a set of Pharos for a couple of years and felt the pieces were very well done. The alleged reason the series was discontinued was their quality wasn't up to HL's standards. I didn't feel that was the true reason because the set I had were really nice pieces.

I eventually sold my Pharos for basically what I paid for them because I'm basically a HL LE collector and the Pharos are not considered a regular Harbour Lights limited edition.

In the failing collectibles market, which has lead to the demise of many small gifts shops across the country, nothing is worth what it once was in collectors' eyes. The blame does not lie completely with a poor economy but instead with those who lower their prices to a point that makes collectibles worth just that.

There will always be a solid core of collectors for most any collectible. If those people could gather every HL in the world they could demand premium prices and get them, but as long as there's dealer dumping and people who are willing to sell their collections for a fraction of what they paid for them, prices will remain down.

At this time, I would estimate the worth of a five piece Pharos set at $375-$475 providing they are MIB.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes: