I've bought over 400 items on ebay, and never had a problem that wasn't corrected. I've only had a handful of problems - mostly delays - only one breakage. I've only left 1 negative feedback and that was for items I ordered for Christmas on November 1. The seller was a bulk dealer and gave me 3 excuses. 1 - I'm a bulk seller so needs to acquire item 2 - I thought I sent it 3 - refund with no communication. I've ordered from England and Hong Kong and had good experiences. BUT you do have to check out feedback history. Shipping is always a must check. Some have an item price, others calculate, and some offer multiple discounts. You can always ask for a discount but don't expect it. I always calculate the shipping as part of my cost when I bid. 'If it sounds too good of a deal' - you know you're gambling.
But new sellers with no history need to establish themselves too. Communicate with the new seller before you bid, you just might find a good buy.
When I'm looking for something, I always check Ebay to establish a price for auction or retail. Checked the completed items for completed auction prices.
Be careful out there! welcome
Bob

LONG ISLAND BOB