Some people are adamant that there should be no shipping charge other than 'actual postage', and I think that is short sighted. For fragile things like HL items, or anything valuable or expensive I would also insist on insurance.

But most of my items that I was selling were small, non-fragile items, or they were magazines which are heavy but not fragile.

Quote:
Originally posted by sandy:

More than excessive shipping charges, I find eBay's and PayPal's fees exhorbitant. eBay nickels and dimes every keystroke and that's annoying and expensive. PayPal is just plain greedy and I won't use them for payment from buyers when I list something.

Sandy
I originally would accept USPS money orders - specifying that they had to be USPS ones and not any other kind. That is because I could cash the money orders in for postage when I was mailing things out and get cash back for the excess. The post office won't cash in any other type so I would have to go to the bank, or have to mail the MO in using a stamp.

But so many people didn't read the TOS that I eventually decided to only accept Paypal. It is much less hassle for me. I do try to keep my account quite low, and when I buy something where I use Paypal, they just charge my bank account directly so I don't have to keep a balance in there.