eBay does allow a response to negative feedback.

They'll also "fire" anyone receiving more than 3 negative feedbacks, altho' they may have increased that number since the beginning. That seller or buyer can then get back using a different eBay handle, but there's probably a way to discern whether they've been rejected in the past.

More than excessive shipping charges, I find eBay's and PayPal's fees exhorbitant. eBay nickels and dimes every keystroke and that's annoying and expensive. PayPal is just plain greedy and I won't use them for payment from buyers when I list something. I'm always after Stan to transfer PayPal monies to his personal checking account, even tho' PayPal pays more interest, because of the horror stories I've heard and read of PayPal freezing your account if you receive negative feedback. He's been selling heavy-duty equipment and receiving thousands of dollars through his PayPal account. Having a few hundred dollars frozen would be easier to swallow than having a few thousand dollars frozen because some disgruntled jerk decides s/he has a beef with something they've purchased.

The only negative I've received was from a fool who complained because I refused to send the item I'd sold him before his personal check cleared. Needless to say, I responded to his comments, gave him negative feedback, and blocked him from bidding on any future auctions I might have. bash bash bash

Sandy