Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M:
One problem that may arise out of leaving negative feedback is receiving negative feedback. Once a negative is on your eBay record, it's there forever. People don't get mad, they get even. You try to play the game the way it's suppose to be played and you get screwed for complaining. That is why you should make sure the person you're dealing with is somewhat reliable before you bid. Low starting and ending bids could cost you more in the long run.

:rolleyes: Bob :rolleyes:
Bob,

That's one of the problems with the concept of feedback. You just know that many others would have liked to leave truer feedback but don't because they've been burned like you point out.

I have had almost no problems with my eBay dealings. I managed to get satisfaction from almost everybody I had a problem with- and vice versa. I was given 2 negative feedback from the same person because I left Neutral Feedback after contacting the person about the problem and getting flamed by them.

I acknowledged in the feedback that there were both good and bad things in the transaction and in turn he gave me Negative Feedback for doing so.

I employ the same logic I use in reading reviews of hotels restaurants etc on certain sites- read between the lines of what has been written. I steer clear of sellers that have too many one or two word feedbacks. it's worked for me.

Dennis